- To James - I asked if there was a difference between baking powder and baking soda. The recipe calls for baking soda and we only had baking powder.
- To my mom - I took a pictures of the bananas and sent her a text asking if the bananas were ripe enough. Then I had to call her to have her explain how to measure out 1/3 cup of butter (I used a stick of butter).
The recipe I used is from SimplyRecipes.com.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 5 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
MethodNo need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Yield: Makes one loaf.
I recommend this recipe because it was easy to make and I did not dirty up a lot of dishes in the process. I had to bake it a little longer than an hour and I think it could of gone longer.