Isn't she just beautiful?!!!
On Wednesday, Kimber had her two week check-up (more like 2 1/2 week). She is doing wonderful!! She is back up to her birth weight..actually a little over at 9 lbs 4 ounces and 21.5 inches long with her head measuring at 15 inches. Over the weekend she broke out on her face so we asked the doctor about it. She said that since she has so much hair that the bumps are caused by her hair being more oily. To solve the issue we have to wash her hair everyday but not give her a bath everyday because that would cause her to have flaky dry skin. She also has a clogged tear duct in her right eye. Other than those two things she is developing perfectly. At her two month check-up she will get her shots (not looking forward to that) and they will start charting her growth. At this appointment, they just want to make sure she reached her birth weight.
She is still wearing size one diapers and we prefer Pampers. She is between newborn and three months clothing. The newborns are too short and the three months are too long so we dress her in clothes that are 0 - 3 months.
• A couple of nights this week, she fought going to bed which was very frustrating for me. Finally I had to pass her off to her dad and I went to bed.
• She loves sleeping on our chest.
• We had our first car ride together (no one else). I was nervous at first since no one would be sitting in the back with her. I took her to meet my co-workers. She slept the entire time and was wide awake for two hours when we got home.
• She has found my hair and likes to hold onto it. She doesn't pull on it yet but I know it is coming.
• Doing much much better at tummy time. She holds her head up more and is slowly pushing up with her arms more. I think she kicks more than working on holding up her head.
• She is a water baby! She doesn't mind bath time which is a relief...I don't know what I would do if she screamed the entire time. I am glad she likes water since we go to the lake a lot during the summer.
Now some random pictures!
This one cracks me up because she is just about out of it! I was talking to her and the next thing I know she is fast asleep.
I decided to stay with "Keeping Up with Kimber" post title. Boring I know, but I am lacking the creative juice right now.