Monday, December 19, 2011

Kimber's 1st Week!

I can't believe it, my baby girl is a week old. We have had a good first week with little issues and the ones we had we were able to work through. My mom stayed with us the entire week which was beyond helpful...she will never know how much it meant to me.

I will do a post about her birth and coming home later. Sunday night and Monday went really well, I was extremely surprised. Then Monday night, what a difference. I was up with her most of the night feeding her every 45 minutes to an hour. Thankfully we had her 4 day check up with her pediatrician. I also, was frustrated with nursing so I made an appointment with the lactation consultant at the Cox Women's Center. We did not meet with her doctor but the one we met with was wonderful as well. We did meet her doctor in the hospital so we feel extremely comfortable with our decision.

At her doctor's appointment she weighed 8 lbs 6 ounces and measured at 20.5 inches. The weight loss is normal but I find the length measurement funny.



Ready for her first doctor's appointment


Call us crazy but we did venture out to do a little shopping. We headed to the outlet mall in Branson so I could get my mom's Christmas gift and of course to get her some stuff from the Carter's store. We absolutely love our Baby Jogger stroller! Well worth the money.


 I love how it took me 3 days to complete this post. I am sure I have more to say but this is all I can think of. She did have her first bath and I need to get those pictures from my mom.

One thing no one prepared me for was the emotional roller coaster your hormones take you on after giving birth. It is like the sun goes down and you turn into a crying machine. I even cried over throwing away the newspaper my dad bought on the day she was born. I made James get all of the trash out of the outside bin so I could go through it to find the paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment